Many of the attendees at this year’s Ministers Convention expressed a desire to follow along with our first class of students at the Elijah’s School for the Prophets. The truth is there is no way to precisely reproduce what we are doing here because those of us at Grace Ranch are together nearly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, much like Jesus’ disciples were with Him all the time. That being said, the Spirit of God is not bound and I believe that those who faithfully follow the curriculum outline below, will be blessed mightily by the Lord.
- Personal Bible Reading. Begin each morning reading the Bible aloud for faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Rom. 10:17). When I started out, I used to read the Word aloud to myself in a corner so that the Words would bounce off the wall into my ears. Now, I prefer to have Alexander Scourby read the Word (1611 KJV) to me, while I follow along in my Bible. You can purchase the .mp3 file for under $15 at Walmart, Amazon and I am sure other places. The entire Bible, as Scourby reads it is less than 72 hours long. That means that if you read 45 minutes a day for 5 days a week that you will read the entire Bible twice through and the New Testament two additional times in one year. That will strengthen your faith in the Word (Jesus) and establish the Word in your heart. The order in which you do this is important. My recommendation is that you read the New Testament twice before turning to the Old Testament and then simply alternate thereafter for one year. You will be amazed at hour your faith will grow and your days pass more faithfully.
- Study Key Messages. Each month listen to or read one of the key messages from our website. All are readily available from our ministry’s website www.thefishermenministry.org. This month, our students are doing the following:
- Listening to the 1991 Revival entitled “Seven Steps to Walking in the Prosperity of the Lord”. That revival lasted 7 days. Most messages are about 1 hour long, though at least one is nearly 1.5 hours. I suggest you take two weeks to do this.
- In the other two weeks, I suggest you study the two prophecies from Ezekiel 33 concerning the “Watchman Called of Man and the Watchman Called of God.
These messages will begin to get you oriented in the Lord and teach you His ways. Check back regularly to learn which messages we are studying in subsequent months so you can follow along.
- Practice Preaching. You may not have the opportunity to practice preaching like our students do, but you can always practice on God’s creatures (i.e. animals). After all, Jesus commanded His disciples to preach the Gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15. Try it sometime, it is good practice. You can also benefit by listening to good preaching. I preach live on Facebook and Eagle Radio every Wednesday night and our students every Sunday. Archives of our message are available at our Texas Fellowship page at The Fishermen Ministry.
- Weekly Bible Study. I recommend that you lead a weekly Bible Study. This can be a husband and wife, parent and child, friends or maybe you and your dog. Practice expounding God’s Word is invaluable. We are starting with Paul’s Epistle to the Philippians, but I also will have people lead topical Bible Studies as well as those sessions where there is no pre-planned topic or passage. Our studies will not be broadcast, but you can listen to archives of past Bible studies here.
If you will do these things faithfully for a year, I know that the Lord will bless you and strengthen you in THE FAITH. Feel free, should you have questions, to phone or email us. May the Lord Bless you.